Starting a blog
There are already lots of bloggers on the web regardless of whether it’s a professional blog or just a simple one. Basically, anyone can start blogging straight away as long as they know what to blog about. To start a blog, you only need to sign up with one of the popular providers such as LiveJournal, Blogger, Tumblr and manymore. As for me, I choose WordPress since I have experience using it before and comfortable with it. These blog providers mention above provides templates so that bloggers can easily manage it since there are not too technical to use especially for beginners.
What blogging can do?
There are many reasons why people do blogging. One of the many reasons is to keep in touch with family and friends by sharing news and photos. A way of sharing stuff with others that the blogger find interesting especially like hobbies, activities and travelling pictures.
Another reason for blogging is that it can be a way of self expression as well as letting out feelings to writing it in the blog.
For those who are into business and marketing, they use blog to promote themselves and it proves to be a good way of network marketing.
For job seekers, they use blog to promote themselves and update their job experience and education field on the blog so that interested companies can browse more about them and contact them when they find the blogger to be qualified for the job.
The blog that I frequently visit is TMZ where it updates activites from big celebrities and usually the trouble that they get themselves into which makes it more interesting and entertaining.
One example of a successful blog that i visited is LinkedIn which is a social networking site where people update details about themselves and connections. LinkedIn can be use in a number of ways such as:
- To find jobs, people and business opportunities recommended by someone in one’s contact network.
- Employers can list jobs and search for potential candidates.
- Job seekers can review the profile of hiring managers and discover which of their existing contacts can introduce them.
- Users can post their own photos and view photos of others to aid in identification.
- Users can follow different companies and can get notification about the new joining and offers available.
- Users can save ( bookmark) jobs which they would like to apply for.